Sunday, May 20, 2012

"Jesus told me"

Today, riding in the car Gavin declares, "I know what I am going to be when I grow up."
Me:  "How do you know?"
Gav:  "Jesus told me I am going to be a train conductor when I grow up."
Me:  "Oh...Umm, how did he tell you."
Gav:  "He told me in my heart, like you said.  That's how he talks to us and in my heart I want to drive trains."

I looked at Shawn and declared, "I don't know where to go with this."  Shawn said, "Nowhere."
And so I left it alone (yes, I do listen...every now and then).  It was a sweet moment.  Gavin and I have been going around and around about how we hear God.  He kept saying, "I don't hear Him."  And I kept trying to explain, he talks to our hearts.  It's a hard concept for me...let alone to explain to a five year old. 
And today, in his five year old way...he's getting it.  Maybe he will be a train conductor.  When I suggested this Shawn gave me a look and declared that trains probably aren't the wave of the future.  I just think maybe there will be newer trains and it would be cool if Gav drove them. 
Who really knows?  God can also change Gav's heart to something we never dreamed of.  The good news is that Gav is listening to it and I LOVE that!  Oh sweet moments....

No comments:

Post a Comment