Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Today we played

Oh how badly I want to have time to write down the things that happen during the day.  How badly I want to remember!  The days are going so fast.  I see it in the short pant legs on Gavin and the long hair on Amanda.  When did that happen?  I feel as though I don't have time to be the mom I want to be.  However...
Today we played.  We made a fort.  We danced.  I painted Amanda's nails for the first time.  We decorated paper airplanes.  Today I made a point of playing. 
I am tired.  I have been tired.  I will most likely be tired tomorrow.  I am forgetting things, double booking things, and getting overwhelmed by things.  But...today we played.
Today we signed valentines.  Today we practiced colors on our flash cards.  Today we sipped tea.  Today we launched a space shuttle.
So many days go by, where all I remember are the times my voice was raised, my patience was lost or my "goal" was not met.  Today, I choose to remember none of that.  Today, as my kids are racing towards adulthood and leaving me so little time, I am going to remember that we played. 

No comments:

Post a Comment