Friday, September 17, 2010

Amanda Kathleen Ryan


Well, she's here! Last Friday I was induced. They broke my water and three hours later, out she came...little Manda. 7lbs 12 ounces and 20.5 inches long, born at 11:03 am on Sept. 10th. We love her to pieces.
I will say it was a bittersweet day. Two hours after Amanda arrived, we received a phone call that Shawn's Grandpa (who we love and adore) was in the emergency room across the hospital with serious bowel twisting issues and doctors conferencing to see if surgery was even an option, due to his frail health. He underwent a minor surgery that day, but also had two mini heart attacks and things were not looking good. He pulled through though and a week later is on his way home to a more elaborate care system, but at least no hospital.
Amanda has blended into the family well. The boys love her and Gavin is especially attentive to her every cry. She's doing great at night and already sleeping in four hour chunks (PRAISE THE LORD). We hope to keep this up, but I am not holding my breathe. Just about the time you count on a baby for any consistency, they tend to change it up on you (:
Life seems to be a marathon right now. Gavin started preschool and soccer and MOPS, which I volunteered to help with started. Also, Wednesday nights at church starts up next week, where I lead a small group of girls and, after taking two days off, Shawn is back at work trying to figure out life as a principal and make sure to get home in time to spend QT with the kiddos.
In the midst of it all I am trying to figure out how to juggle caring for my husband, the kids, my house and a newborn. I am finding it especially hard, seeing as we plan on this being our last baby. I don't want to miss a moment and I want the time to cuddle and play with her like a firstborn, but it just is not to be. I have two little men who are far more aware and in need of attention right now and one big man who is working like crazy to care for his family, who needs my support.
All of this has helped me to appreciate the nightime feedings more. It's our time together, just me and my baby. I will admit to watching TV quite a bit, but I also use it to pray over her and soak in her tininess, that is already changing so much!
It's a new season, one I will admit to being apprehensive about, but also excited for. We have our complete family (unless God has a surprise out there...), a family of five. Crazy, scary, exciting and oh so blessed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment