Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Coming this Friday?

So, as of my Dr. Appointment yesterday, we are scheduled to get induced on Friday...one week early. It was the same scenario with Brayden and I heard the Dr. udder the same words,
"I'll be surprised if you make it until then."
This did not sit super well, seeing as Shawn's first day of school (as a principal) was the next day and to put it mildly, this would be the poorest timing EVER! Last time the Dr. said that, I had Brayden the next night!
Off I went and about an hour later, the contractions started. I had them all day. I finally laid down during naptime and that helped. I also tried to sit down as much as possible, willing them to go away. Shawn had also gotten in the car that morning and found it barely started and the check engine light on so we were having to schedule a trip to the mechanic that night. Oh anddid i mention we just paid an obscene amount to fix the van and had a huge crack appear in the van windshield, which we needed to schedule a replacement for? He did not need this.
I am sure God was rolling his eyes a bit as I began to reverse my utterings from, "Get this baby out" to "Please God, give her one more day in there!". I just want my husband to avoid mental breakdown...the poor guy has been such a trooper with all life has thrown at him lately.
Anyway...I decided it's a good thing I'm not God, cuz if I had to listen to all my whining about things, I would have probably taken a little delight in causing the baby to come today. However, our God is far more gracious than I. I woke up this morning with very few contractions and Shawn got all dressed up for the first day and off he went.
I have been reminded constantly of the verse, "For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you." It is a verse quoted frequently in Christian circles, because it is often an encouragement. In this instance I was made aware of how selfishly I use it. I consider it a verse for ME. But in reality, it is a verse for all God's children. God has plans not just for me, but for my little girl and my husband too...plans that are good for them and to keep them from harm's way. Those are plans I need to take into account, be grateful for, and recognize that they may be more important than the plans I have.
Today I am thankful for a God who is so gracious and cares for those I love so much better than I ever could. I am still excited to meet my little girl. I still am ready to not be pregnant. And as far as I can see, Friday would be great...if it's in God's plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment