Thursday, June 11, 2009

God Song

Gavin has this little "Quiet Time" book that has a short verse, an explanation, and an application on each page. We don't do it daily, but we do read through it sometimes. The other day, as we were reading I read the verse,
"Sing praises to the Lord" yes, they are quite paraphrased for the kids. "God likes it when you sing songs to him. Today, sing a song to God."
I was about to turn the page when I hear Gavin start quietly in his small voice, "God, God, God, God. Gooood, Gooood, God, Goooooood."
Both Shawn and I stopped. It was so sweet. His high little voice, singing away.
"Oh, Gavin, God likes that song," I praised.
Louder now, "Goooooood, God, God, Goooood".
It was horribley off pitch, terribley simple and wonderfully perfect. I am sure God's heart swelled, mine sure did.
Gavin may not quite know what it means to praise the Lord, but at least he was listening to God's Word and doing his best to stop and obey. Gavin's God song will never be on a hit worship album, but I think my kid had something right...a willingness, humility, simple abandonment as he enjoyed praising the Lord. I think I can learn something here. Thank you Gavin for sharing your God song.

No comments:

Post a Comment