Thursday, June 18, 2009

School's OUT

I am 31 years old and I believe I may be more excited than ever for school to get OUT! Yes, I remember sitting in a portable, in the sweltering heat, thinking, "Really? My grades are already in, why oh why, do you have me here?" But the agony of that is nothing compared with the agony of being in charge of two toddlers bedtime and bathtime routine for weeks on end and having to answer the question, "What daddy doing?" one more time!
Shawn has been working as a Dean (this is what the schools call Vice Principals who they pay a teacher's salary to) and as the Principal for the District's Elementary Summer School Program. It is ridiculous the amount of work he has been juggling and the amount of politics in schools. (After watching him manuver, I think I would never make it in a public school, because my mouth would get me fired on day one!) He has been busting his rear and I truly am so proud of all he has implimented, organized and accomplished for BOTH his jobs. However, I am soooo excited to have him home and so are the kids.
Shawn is their playmate, their book reader and their bath giver. He's the entertainment while dishes are done and the wrestler for those last 20 minutes of the day, when mommy doesn't have it in her anymore. He's my listner, because I have so many words I need to say a day. He's my partner in vegging and my mutal lover of late night nachos. We miss him.
The other night Gavy asked, "Mom, what daddy doing?"
"He's at work Gav."
"Oh...Mom, I like daddy."
"Me too, Gav. I love him."
"Gavy love daddy too."
"That's nice, Gav. We'll tell him."
"Gavy love daddy. Baby Brother love daddy (yes, we still haven't gotten him to call Brayden by his name). Mommy love daddy. And Gavy love daddy."
I am not sure you love him twice as much as me, buddy, but you've got it just about right!

No comments:

Post a Comment