Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sick

I got the flu. All night, twelve hours of puking every hour. I haven't thrown up this much in, well, I don't know how long. It was horrible...the ab workout from hell. To top it off, Gavin joined me at 2 am. Fortunately, he only threw up twice. However, it covered quite a bit more surface area.
Daddy was an allstar. He cleaned it all, did the laundry, stayed home and took great care of us all, to spite his horrible gag reflex. No complaints or anything. He really was a trooper.
I haven't been out like that for a long time. Literally, in bed for 24 hours and tired after eating two bites of toast. It was crazy. Gave me a whole new perspective on how healthy our family is and how God has blessed us in this way.
I am back and moving now. A little slower, but moving. Apparently when a mom gets sick, the laundry doesn't get put on hold and the kids are not miraculously more cleanly. Alas, the world keeps turning. But for once, I am thankful to be up and doing laundry. I will take it anyday over the flu. Thanks for the reminder God, next time maybe we could be a tad more subtle?

No comments:

Post a Comment