Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Reality

Daddy has been working obscene hours and been gone gone gone. He is working his normal job, as well being Principal for summer school and interviewing potential teachers after the school day is done. When he is home, he has been taking online classes and working on some potential applications for Principal positions. In short, the man has been working his "bum" off.
This weekend he had two extra days off and we were fortunate enough to go to a Lakehouse some friends of ours own, with another couple and their kids. Four whole days with daddy! It was awesome.
I do have to say, poor dad, by the time he got to vacation was sick (this is typical for him when he lets down...i think his body takes it as a sign or something). So he was awfully congested, tired and using Halls cough drops like some sort of crack. But other than that...it was so nice to have the extra set of hands and have daddy back.
We got to play games with our friends, do some light boating, throw rocks in the Lake and Gavin and his buddy became quite proficient at air hockey. It was a great time.
Unfortunately, today was back to reality. The kids had the dentist, we had to grocery shop and daddy won't be home for stories. I would say reality bites, because it's how I feel. But if I take into account that we made it through the dentist with only a few tears and everything looking good, we made it through the grocery store and actually remembered everything on our list and had cooperation, and we made it to bedtime without mommy having a breakdown...I'd say my reality is actually pretty decent...even if I don't feel it.
And so today I would like to give a shout out to the good Lord, for blessing me with a good reality, even when I pout. I don't deserve it...but then again, we don't deserve anything He gives us. I thank Him for that too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment