Tuesday, March 24, 2009

10 minutes

All I wanted was a shower. I hadn't had one in a few days and let's just say I was due. As I went to get ready, Gavin comes running in, "Do you need to use the potty Gavin?" (Gavin all the sudden has decided he'll go on the potty and I have to admit, I was not ready for the change in lifestyle...I should be thankful, but I am already missing the convience of diapers.)
"Yes, No, Choo Choo Train book."
Translation: I need to go, but I want to read my choo choo train book. So, I yell for shawn to grab the book and bring it in, as I set Gavin on the potty. Meanwhile, my toilet paper monster is sneaking up on me, headed for his reel.
Pretty soon...I'm holding Gavin, Shawn is trying to read the book to Gavin and we are both trying to wrestle Brayden off the toilet paper roll. All in an area about 2ft x2ft. Gavin happily makes his "bubbles" and jumps off..."Chewies?" This is his reward for pee-pee...what do daddy and I get...satisfaction? Hmmm...I'm not so sure.
So I finally get in the shower...with Gavin and Brayden. I get Brayden cleaned and handed off to dad. Check. We clean up Gavin and hand him off to dad. Check. I am picking up the water cups left behind and I turn back around to see Brayden being sprayed in the face, as he is falling into the shower in his pajamas. All smiles. What are you doing back here kid? It's MY turn!!! "Shaaaaawn..." I totally pulled the tattle voice! "Brayden's in the showwwwer!"
Shawn comes in, "Awww Brayden."
And then I get my ten minutes. I try not to feel bad for Shawn, who I know is extremely exhausted and now having to deal with two wet kids and a fight over the Thomas tracks. But bless Shawn's heart, he shut the door and I can't even hear the chaos. Just the sound of my hot water. Ahhh....10 minutes. I would like to thank Shawn and Everett Utilities for helping to make this happen.

1 comment:

  1. Hot showers all to yourself sure are bliss when you have kids around! Don't you miss those days in college when you could take all the time you needed, and drink two Diet Cokes? ;)

    ReplyDelete