Saturday, March 28, 2009

Date night

So, my husband got tickets to the Newsboys for his birthday. (Yes, he is a 31 year old who loooves the Newsboys...and I love him). So we dropped the kids off at Mimi and Papa's house and headed to the concert.
Update on the Newsboys: They now have a new lead singer...Michael Tate from DC Talk. That's right! We were kickin' it old school contemperary Christian for sure! Now if you don't know contemperary Christian pop music, I cannot say that I can entirely blame you. But here's my analogy...the Newsboys are like New Kids on the Block (only the newsboys have continued to sell albums) they aren't entirely popular, some people love them, but no matter who you are...you probably know how to sing along with Hangin' Tough. And then they invited MC Hammer to be a lead vocal. So now, not only do you get to hear The Right Stuff...but you also get to hear Can't Touch This.
I heard the song "Breakfast in Hell" and "Jesus Freak" at the same concert. For all of you who don't follow old school Christian Music, this blog means so little to you right now. But for those who know what I'm talking about....you don't want to admit it, but you're jealous, cuz it's just fun!
A good night, a good date, and a good chance that won't ever happen again in my lifetime! Happy Birthday Shawn!

1 comment:

  1. That is so old school! I haven't seen the Newsboys in ages, or listened to them, as a matter of fact. But I do remember enjoying their concerts.

    ReplyDelete