Sunday, March 1, 2009

I promise I don't.

Today's sermon was on love. One of the major bullet points was that loves shows itself by time given. I am sure we have all heard it said one way or another: if you look at your life and figure out where you spend most of your time, you will find out your priorities. We SHOULD be giving time to our priorities...loving them. Like our husband, kids, families, relationships, etc..
I thought about this. What is it I do most during the week? And my first thought made me shutter...I decided my Pastor had to be wrong.
I love my Pastor. I worked with him for years. I adore him. But let me tell you what mister. I do not love the laundry. The sermon needs to be edited ammended or something, because the minutes I spend collecting, washing, folding, and sorting add up. And I know in my heart of hearts, there is no secret burning passion I have for the smell of ALL detergent or Bounce fabric softner. In fact, I cannot say there are many things I truly hate, but if I did, I actually think laundry would be there.
So what am I to do? Is there a biblical answer for this? I'm not sure. I don't want to be one of those people who complains about the sermon every week, but I will say this. Pastor, you have to be wrong somewhere. Because I don't love the laundry. I promise I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment