Sunday, March 15, 2009

This way

Gavin has become a backseat driver. "Mama, this way" he shouts and pionts out one window or another.
"Excuuuuuse me?" When did you even get the notion that you had any opinion in where we go or how we get there? Even better, he honestly gets frustrated when I turn the opposite direction of where ever "this way" was.
"No mama...this waaaaay."
"No Gavin, Mommy is going this way."
"Mamaaaaa"
"Gaaaaaavin." I don't really reduce myself to whining his name back at him (maybe once) but I want to. Are you kidding? Child, you are two and a half and to spite the fact that it truly seems you have a better sense of direction than your mother...I am still behind the wheel and darn it! And so it goes with parenting. He says "this way" and I have to teach him, buddy, whether you like it or not, we're going "that way." Sometimes, we want to head the same direction and sometimes we're gonna disagree. But for now, I am going to win. And hopefully, one day we'll just agree...we're going my way kiddo!

No comments:

Post a Comment