Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Knee

The other day at church, I fell onto my knee. I did not realize Gavin was behind me and he ran in front of my right side, causing me to fall on him and drop Brayden on the ground. In order to protect both of them as much as I could I lunged to the left and fell hard onto my left knee. Embarrasing? Yes. (Not to mention, with two kids wailing, avoiding attention was a no go.) I got a bloody rugged burned knee and three days later it is still red around the edges with a quarter sized burn/scab right in the middle.
I feel a bit ripped off, frankly. I would like my injury to look as bad as it feels. If it did, my whole knee would be black and blue, the scab would be bigger and you would see blood seep out everytime time I bend my leg. But you don't. You just see this measly burn mark. It's kinda lame. (The best part is, Gavin got a small dot of a scab on his knee and he calls it his boo-boo. Every morning when he leaves his room, he looks down and says, "oh my boo-boo" and starts limping...PUH-LEASE. I am not sure where he got it, because I tried not to limp at all, out of sheer pride and have only moaned to my husband in private. But he claims his is "just like mama's". Whatever, kid, I win this one hands down.)
All this to say, I have realized in the past few days, how precious knees are to moms. They are Useful for many things.
-Where the kids grab you when they want up.
-Where the kids use you for support, when they are walking by.
-When you are looking for toys under various pieces of furniture.
-When you are playing on the ground with the kids.
-When you are trying to find a blanket tossed behind a crib on the ground.
-When you want to close a door, drawer or babygate and your hands are full.
-When you are buckling your kids into their car seats.
And oh, so much more.
It's amazing really. I never would have considered my knee at all until this incident. I am now very thankful for both of them. I will have to get on them more often and tell God that!

No comments:

Post a Comment