Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Someday




Gavin's new response when I say no to something is, "Gavy do it someday."
"Mom, Gavy see teacher Rosa?"
"Not today Gavin."
"Oh, Gavy see teacher Rosa someday."

"Mom, Gavy play racecar puzzle?" (Yes, he referes to himself in the third person all the time.)
"Not right now, Gavin."
"Oh, Gavy play puzzle someday."

"Mom, Gavy go car."
"No, we're staying home today."
"Okay, Gavy go car someday."

It's all gonna happen someday. My son lives with expectance and I want to keep it that way. I want him to keep his optimism, his faithful and believing attitude. Seeing as I am, on a good day, a struggling optimist, I am not sure where Gavin learned this, but I will do all I can to not squelch it. I want my son to grow up continuing to trust, believe and live with the same assurance he has now, that his "Someday" will come

No comments:

Post a Comment