Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Everything...

So, we were at church and had a guest speaker (and friend) speak on her international ministry. She started Kidzana 10 years ago in her basement and it has now turned into a hugely recognized international ministry that teaches leaders to teach kids. It's awesome...they go into different countries around the world and teach the importance of reaching children for Jesus and then teach the locals to do it!!! I was inspired. I wanted to give God my everything and see what he does.
Same night: I watched a Hallmark show on a women who saved over 2,500 jewish children in the Holocost. Mothers had to give up their children to save the kid's lives. This women risked her life time and again, got beaten for it and watched her friends get shot for it. I realized, I am not ready to give up everything. Could I hand over my child? Could I even ask someone else to hand over thiers? I am not sure I am ready for everything.
I want to be. I want to give God my all. I want to be willing to sacrifice whatever it takes to glorify Him and his kingdom. But I am not sure I have arrived. I am praying someday I will. I figure it's a start. Until then, I am proud to be His work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment