Thursday, April 2, 2009

We did it!











Brayden's birthday party is coming up. I have been finishing his scrapbook, editing his first year video, getting the supplies and putting together the favors. During each task, I think, I cannot believe it...ONE! And as much as I am celebrating him, I took a moment today, to celebrate the fact that I made it too.
It's like graduating from high school, everyone asks "Where are you going to college?". Excuse me, how about a "Congrats on the 12 years of school you just managed to finish! Way to go...take some time to celebrate." Nope, instead we all move to look ahead. As parents I don't think we recognize that we too, have accomplished something.
One year of diapers down.
Continual sleepless nights, done.
Bottle cleaning, over.
Fighting with my husband about who gets up at 1am to get the baby, until we are both wide awake...no more.
Poop up the back...well, not nearly as much.
Baby carrots staining clothing...finito.
Setting down the baby only to see him topple over...not unless his brother is around to push him.
Being the only source of babies nutrition...nope!
We did it! And to top it off, we have a beautiful, smiling, healthy, child who is starting to walk, laughs often and is ready to conquer the great big world. I say we did allright. Did he fall along the way...yes. Did we drop him? Only once. Did he get sat on by his brother. A few times. Did he get sick. A little. Did he survive...you bet! And we survived with him.




No comments:

Post a Comment